TwoGo by SAP™
Last updated on March 7, 2017
We have created this Privacy Statement to underline SAP's obligation to protect the individual's right to privacy. In this Statement, we outline our procedure for handling personal data for this website. In terms of data protection legislation, the operation by SAP of the cloud service TwoGo by SAP represents a function transfer.
1. What is personal data?
"Personal data" refers to all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; a person is "identifiable" if a reference to this person can be made directly or indirectly, in particular by association with an identification number or one or more factors specific to the person's physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity.
In short: With regard to your use of TwoGo by SAP, personal data represents all information that refers to you as a person and that you make available to us or that we collect while you use our Service.
2. Which personal data do we collect and why?
When you register for TwoGo by SAP, we ask you to provide the following data:
2.1 Required Fields
- First name and last name – communicated to everyone who is part of an organized shared ride
- Email address – submitted by the User to log on, communicated to everyone who is part of an organized shared ride, and used by TwoGo to communicate with the User. If an agreement has been made with your company, at regular intervals we will send an email to the email address provided in which we will ask you to click on a confirmation link. This is how we check you are still employed by the licensed company.
- Password – used by User to log on
- Cell phone number – communicated to everyone who is part of an organized shared ride
- Private address and business address (acting as dominant departure and destination points for recurring rides) – used for the fast entry of ride intents and to receive relevant ride proposals from TwoGo.
- Ride intent data (role as driver, passenger or flexible, departure and destination address, earliest departure date and time, latest arrival date and time, maximum number of passengers) – used by TwoGo to find a suitable shared ride.
2.2 OPTIONAL DETAILS:
- Location data – communicated to those who are part of your shared ride, if the mobile app has been installed and the location function in the app has been activated
- Vehicle data (make, model, color, license plate), if you offer shared rides as a driver – communicated to everyone who is part of an organized shared ride. If you have been identified as a driver of a shared ride, the license plate of your vehicle can be accessed by your company, if your company provides specially reserved company parking spaces so that they can check whether you are authorized to park in these spaces.
- Locations (e.g. building on the company premises as starting point and destination) – is used to offer the User company-specific predefined locations for rapid entry
- Used to customize your profile and to be communicated to the others who are part of the organized shared ride for the purpose of mutual identification.
- For display in the Follower function. Your photo will be displayed in the list of the corresponding User's (driver/passenger) followers who you want to follow. Your photo will also be displayed in each of the lists of Users following you, and on the trip proposal you share with the Users following you. Users can follow once TwoGo has sent you a match for a ride or you explicitly invite them to do so.
- If you take part in the leader board and you are one of the four best participants.
- Vehicle photograph – to customize your profile and to be communicated to the others who are part of the organized shared ride for the purpose of mutual identification.
We can use this information to create your personal TwoGo by SAP account and link you to the ride intents and shared rides that you create or are part of while you use our service. Furthermore, these details are used to exchange information with you and your fellow ride participants, as described further below. We use your email domain to verify that you belong to a company or institution ("Licensed Organization") that has the licenses required for this service.
If you access a TwoGo by SAP Service (e.g. log in to the website, create an intended trip, change your personal data), we capture the date you accessed the Service and the action you performed. We use this information for support purposes and to measure the frequency of use. We also log your IP address. This helps us protect the system from being attacked and helps eliminate errors from the service.
If you use a points account, the travel request data or matched ride (driver or passenger role, or sudden travel request) is used to manage your points account.
If you decide to use additional functions offered as part of using TwoGo by SAP, we may ask you to enter further personal data. In these cases, your personal data will only be used with your prior consent.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by a website while you are browsing that website. They are often used so that websites function, or function more efficiently, and to provide the owners of websites with information.
The following list explains which cookies TwoGo by SAP uses and why:
- Session cookie JSESSIONID.
This cookie is used to manage the User's TwoGo by SAP session. It is deleted as soon as the browser is closed.
- Security session cookie TGS[randomID].
This cookie is created when the User logs on to the TwoGo by SAP website. It is used to identify the User's security session and is deleted when the User logs off from the TwoGo by SAP website or closes the browser.
- Remember Me cookie TGP[randomID].
This cookie is created when the User logs on to the TwoGo by SAP website with the function "stay logged in for 2 weeks" enabled. It is used to identify the User's persistent session and is deleted when the User logs off from the TwoGo by SAP website or the two-week time limit has expired.
- Protect from CSRF attacks cookie SAP_SECID_2GO_000.
This cookie protects your connection to our servers from cross-site request forgery attacks. It is deleted as soon as the browser is closed.
In most web browsers, you can use the browser settings to control most cookies to a certain extent. For example, in your browser Help you can read how to configure your browser so that before you receive a cookie you are notified of how to delete cookies etc. Note that it may not be possible to use the Services if session cookies are not accepted.
4. Use of Push Services
If you use the TwoGo by SAP apps for Android or iOS, you will receive information about ride requests and ride status changes via push notification. For this purpose, the first time that you open the app (after installing it and prior to registration), Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) or Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) assigns your mobile device a device ID for the "TwoGo" app. When you log on to TwoGo by SAP via the app, the device ID created is transferred to TwoGo by SAP and assigned to your User account. To communicate ride requests or ride status changes (for example, a ride has been organized, or an organized ride has been changed or canceled), TwoGo by SAP then sends encrypted messages to the GCM server or to the APNS. The GCM server or the APNS then delivers these messages to your smartphone the next time the device connects with the GCM infrastructure or the APNS. The Android or iOS operating system forwards the messages to the TwoGo app on the device. The TwoGo app evaluates the messages and performs the appropriate action (e.g. loads the ride trip data for an updated ride from the TwoGo server, logs the User off, etc.).
Please be advised that the server for the Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) service and the Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) may not be subject to the scope of application of the European Parliament and Council Directive 95/46/EC dated October 26, 1995 regarding the protection of natural persons when processing personal data and regarding the free movement of data.
5. Use of Data for Statistical Purposes
The following data is collected and used for statistical analysis when you use the TwoGo by SAP Service unless you are a licensed User of TwoGo by SAP.
This information is no longer linked to a person. The data is aggregated, and is therefore anonymized data, which is compiled using the information listed in the following. This statistical data can be made accessible to your company or the licensed organization through which you registered as a location-wide (or company-wide) aggregation if your company requests statistics.
- Private address [only the city is mentioned. If fewer than 5 Users are registered in this city, only the country is mentioned]
- Gender [only if at least 5 Users of the same gender are registered in a city]
- Date of last activity [only if at least 5 Users were active on the same day, otherwise aggregation for the month (displayed as month/01/year) or the year (displayed as 01/01/year)]
- Has uploaded a profile picture [y/n]
- Has specified vehicle data [y/n]
- Has uploaded a vehicle picture [y/n]
- Date of registration
- Minimum length (in percent) of shared ride
- Matching restricted to women [y/n, only if Female is specified as the gender]
- Maximum detour time (in minutes)
- Preferred role (driver/passenger/both)
- Date of registration [only if at least 5 Users registered on the same day, otherwise aggregation for the month (displayed as month/01/year) or the year (displayed as 01/01/year)]
Statistics for Ride Requests per Organization Location
- Desired role for this ride
- Ride is organized [y/n]
- User is driver [y/n]
- Start date/end date [rounded to the nearest full hour]
- Departure location/destination [city only]
- Date of last activity
- Distance per route
- Number of free seats for passengers
- Maximum detour time
- Potential savings [CO2 and €]
- User interface over which the request was created [calendar, web, mobile app]
- User has released display of their location for passengers [y/n]
Daily Statistics per Organization Location
- Number of blocked Users who are not allowed to use the service on the specific date
- Number of Users who still have to confirm their email address
Note: Details of the statistics will be displayed only if the combination of the individual criteria results in more than 5 Users. For example, if there are fewer than 5 users from the same city (private address) with the same gender who registered in the same year, the fields for the date of registration remain empty in the report.
6. Information from TwoGo
As part of our service, our system will communicate with you via email. This exchange of information only applies to rides or ride requests (e.g. if we have found a suitable ride for you, the details of your ride have changed, or a possible ride in your area starts or ends).
We communicate by email with Users who receive our services, and we communicate by phone when we deal with user complaints or technical problems. We use your email address to confirm the opening of your account and to send information on using the service.
7. How long do we retain personal data?
We delete all of your stored personal data as follows:
Name, email address, password
- Deleted 7 days after registration if the registration has not been confirmed
- Deletion after the registered User has been inactive for 183 days
- Deleted immediately when a User deletes his or her User account
- Deletion at the end of a license agreement
- Deletion of your authorization to use if you are unauthorized license User
Other contact and profile data (e.g. mobile phone number, home and work addresses, location, organization location, photograph, vehicle data)
- Deletion after the registered User has been inactive for 183 days
- Deleted immediately when a User deletes his or her User account
- Deletion after the end of a license
- Deletion of your authorization to use if you are an unauthorized license User
Ride intent data (departure address and destination address, earliest departure date and time, latest arrival date and time)
- Deleted immediately when a User cancels the ride intent
- Deleted 6 weeks after the ride
Deleted immediately when a User deletes his or her User account
Deletion on termination of a license
Deletion of your authorization to use if you are an unauthorized license user.
- Deleted within 6 weeks
8. Transfer of your Personal Data
We provide the following information to other registered users in order to combine your wishes with the travel preferences of other TwoGo by SAP Users: your first and last name, your phone number, your email address, your pick-up and drop-off point and your vehicle data, if you are driving. If you have uploaded photographs, they will also be passed on to the others who are part of the organized shared ride.
If you are a licensed User and reserved parking spaces are available, we give a car pool driver's license plate number to authorized persons in this organization so that they can verify the driver's authorization to park.
If you are a licensed user, your organization can appoint one or more persons to administrate the TwoGo by SAP license version. For support purposes, these administrators can access all of your personal data and shared rides or ride intents, and block or unblock your account. If no administrator is appointed, the User can contact TwoGo by SAP Support.
To provide you with our service, we use the geography services of HERE Europe B.V. with registered office at: Kennedyplein 222-226, 5611 ZT Eindhoven, Netherlands. The following data is passed on: departure and destination, start of ride, your IP address.
SAP utilizes Computacenter AG, Europaring 34-40, 50170 Kerpen, Germany which provides telephone support services for TwoGo by SAP on behalf of SAP. The following data is disclosed: all data listed under article 2.
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties.
10. Security of your Personal Data
SAP undertakes to protect all personal data that you provide us with. SAP uses a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access or use, or disclosure in accordance with the German Federal Data Protection Act.
Our employees undertake to protect your rights to privacy and confidentiality.
All data and information you provide or that is otherwise collected while you use the TwoGo by SAP service is stored exclusively in data centers that belong to SAP in Germany.
11. Queries, Access, and Update to your Personal Data
TwoGo by SAP requires your assistance in keeping the personal data you have shared with us up-to-date and to ensure it is complete. If you are a registered User, you can perform these updates online yourself via https://www.twogo.com. You can also make updates or other changes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, or would like to view the information that we have stored on you, please contact us at the following address:
TwoGo Support - email@example.com
We may change this Privacy Statement at our own discretion at any time. If we change this Privacy Statement, we will publish the changed Privacy Statement on the TwoGo website and inform you of the change. SAP shall obtain your express consent before implementing a change if it relates to the use of personal data that is subject to you providing your consent.